Please join us with authors Elaine Donadio, Paul DiSclafani, and Samantha Evans.
Elaine Donadio, author of “March of the Blue Moon” – Eleven-year-old New York City boy Nestor Ramirez reunites with his father in Alaska on a journey of discovery, adventure, self-realization, and goal setting. With his good friend Kwan Min Park in tow, the boys visit the sites as they learn about the balance of nature and its precarious effects on the environment. Nestor finds role models to help him focus on GOALS – Go Out And Learn Something. In the end, Nestor’s self-esteem is raised to the point where even he likes himself.
Paul DiSclafani, author of “Burning Through the West Coast” – Paul (Disco) DiSclafani, his cousin Sal (The Catman) and their friend Bruce (Mr. B) as he transports you back to those carefree days in the late ‘70’s, recalling a zany but true trip as they burned their way through Southern California and Arizona.
- Stand next to them on the line as they use their New York attitudes to resolve car rental SNAFU’s, lost luggage, and useless hotel room vouchers.
- Be part of The Tonight Show audience as Johnny burns them on National TV.
- Spend a couple of foggy days in Arizona for a visit with their crazy friends, Felix and Kozshekka, as a flood of biblical proportions strands them across the street from the airport.
- Travel down Arizona’s Salt River with our inebriated heroes as they hold on for dear life when their lazy float turns into a white-water disaster.
- Experience the miracle of finding a bag of weed when they arrive in LA
- Participate along with them in the “Pause that refreshes” every time they hear a Bruce Springsteen song
Burning Through the West Coast is a lighthearted romp, with original photographs from the trip and chapter illustrations by John Colquhoun, which will make you smile every time you turn the page. 6,000 Miles, 576 Beers, 4 states, 3 Guys from the East Coast, and a bag of weed. What could possibly go wrong?
Samantha Evans, author of “Ella” – Prince Liam of Derzeli believes differently in what honor means. King Breen, Liam’s father, and Cullen, Liam’s brother, believe that real greatness is achieved once they slay a dragon. Liam thinks that dragons are majestic and do not deserve to die. King Breen, Liam’s father, brings Liam along on an expedition to slay a dragon. On one of the nights of the journey, Liam rescued a dragon’s egg. Liam decides to care for it, and it hatches on Liam’s birthday. Tragedy strikes, which leads to Liam having to leave Derzeli, and Liam goes on the run with the help of Ella, the dragon. Ella helps him escape and runs to a barren wasteland, where he saw himself to becoming a hermit for the rest of his life. But due to an event happening with the help of a new friend and a childhood friend, Liam has no choice but to return home. He has to decide to run away from his destiny, or embrace it, the chance of a king.